Vitamins, Amino Acids, and Minerals IV Therapy Houston, TX
Vitamins, amino acids, and minerals are very important to the body. They all contribute to the proper functioning of your body and your overall well-being.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are needed in the body. There are different types of vitamins. Each vitamin plays a different role in maintaining optimal bodily function and general health. Most vitamins come from the foods we eat as the body does not produce them or produces very little of the needed vitamins.
Though vitamins can be found in the foods we eat, some people still need to take vitamin supplements to boost their supply. Examples of vitamins include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin K, and B vitamins.
Amino acids are compounds that are produced by the body when it is breaking down ingested protein. After the body has broken down the protein, it uses the essential amino acids to carry out different key functions in the body needed to maintain optimal body function.
Amino acids are vital for proper muscle growth and tissue strength. They also help to provide energy for the body.
There are 20 different types of amino acids. Out of these 20 different types of amino acids, 9 of them are gotten from the food we eat. Examples of amino acids include Arginine, Tyrosine, Methionine, Glutamine, Lysine, Carnitine, Ornithine, Leucine, and Phenylalanine,
Minerals are inorganic substances that are needed by the body to develop and function properly. The human body requires different amounts of minerals daily to help maintain various bodily functions and build strong bones and muscles. Minerals are essential for overall health and wellness. Many various types of minerals are obtained from the foods we eat.
Examples of minerals include calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride, iron, zinc, iodine, phosphorus, chromium, copper, fluoride, manganese, and selenium.
Vitamins, Amino Acids, and Minerals IV Therapy
Certain nutritional deficiency diseases may occur when vitamins, amino acids, and minerals are lacking in the body.
The foods that you eat should supply your body with enough vitamins, amino acids, and minerals, but sometimes you can’t get enough of these nutrients from the foods you eat. Consequently, your body lacks the needed amount of nutrients to build itself and function optimally.
IV therapy can be used to deliver vitamins, amino acids, and minerals into the body for immediate and maximum use. IV therapy supplies the body with vitamins, amino acids, and minerals intravenously directly into the bloodstream. It delivers these nutrients into the body faster than through food or supplements.
The body can only absorb up to 50 % of the nutritional content of foods eaten. But with IV therapy, the body can absorb 90-100% of the nutritional content of the vitamins, amino acids, and minerals administered. The vitamins, amino acids, and minerals administered intravenously bypass the digestive system, go directly into the bloodstream through the vein, and are rapidly absorbed for maximum and quick use.
Importance of Vitamin IV Therapy
Below are the importance and benefits of vitamin IV therapy:
- IV vitamin therapy delivers essential vitamins into the body that can quickly help boost physical performance. Vitamin D and B vitamins are some vitamins that can help boost physical performance by increasing your energy levels.
- IV vitamin therapy is great for athletes and individuals who engage in strenuous activities and want to boost their energy levels and physical performance. It also helps in muscle recovery after sports or workout sessions.
- Vitamin IV therapy also speeds up the healing process of a wound. Certain vitamins, such as vitamin C, can help speed up the healing of a wound. If you’re injured, or you have a wound, taking vitamin IV therapy can help quicken the recovery of the injury or wound.
- Vitamin IV therapy helps to boost the immune system to fight off diseases and illnesses. Vitamin IV therapy contains vitamins that help to boost the immune system, such as vitamin C, vitamin B12, and other immune-boosting vitamins. Getting vitamin IV therapy can also help prevent various diseases ranging from flu to heart diseases.
- Getting vitamin IV therapy can help boost your ability to lose weight. It contains vitamin C, B vitamins, and vitamin D, which can help increase your ability to lose weight loss by increasing your metabolism and energy levels.
- While vitamin IV therapy can increase your ability to lose weight, you still need to make some healthy lifestyle changes, such as engaging in exercises and eating healthy low-fat diets, to experience significant weight loss.
- Vitamin IV therapy contains vitamin C and other anti-aging vitamins that help to reverse the natural aging effect and prevent aging-related health and skin problems. Vitamin IV therapy contains vitamins that can help improve the appearance and health of the skin.
Importance of Amino Acids IV Therapy
The different amino acids play different roles in the body.
- Lysine is a type of amino acid that plays an important role in muscle building. Lysine helps to maintain the health and strength of the bones in the body.
- Methionine can be used to treat liver damage. It can also be used to treat alcoholism, depression, allergies, asthma, and Parkinson’s disease. It also increases the wound-healing process.
- Histidine is another type of amino acid that helps to facilitate the creation of blood cells, tissue repair, and growth.
- Threonine can be used for the treatment of various nervous system disorders. Threonine changes to a chemical called glycine in the body, which works through the nervous system to help control muscle spasticity.
- Leucine is used by the muscles as energy. It helps to boost energy and endurance. It helps to facilitate protein synthesis, muscle repair, and growth.
- Valine is another type of amino acid that helps to boost energy levels and assist in muscle tissue repair.
- Isoleucine has muscle recovery properties that help to promote muscle repair and growth.
- Tryptophan is another type of amino acid that plays an important role in the production of niacin. Niacin is essential in creating serotonin, a neurotransmitter that sends signals between the nerve cells.
Importance of Mineral IV Therapy
The body needs certain minerals to function properly including building strong bones and teeth and converting foods into energy. A balanced diet should provide all the minerals that your body needs to function properly. Some essential minerals that the body needs include calcium, sodium, iron, and potassium.
Minerals are required for the proper composition of body fluids, including tissues, bones, teeth, muscles, and nerves. Minerals also play a key role in maintaining healthy nerve function and supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.
There are different types of minerals, and they play different roles in the body.
- Calcium is a type of mineral that helps to build strong bones and teeth. Calcium also helps to maintain healthy communication between the brain and other parts of the body. Calcium enables muscle movement and cardiovascular function.
- Potassium is another type of mineral that helps regulate muscle contraction, maintain healthy nerve function, promote a healthy cardiovascular system, and regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Sodium is necessary for muscle contraction and fluid balance in the body. It is involved in the maintenance of normal cellular homeostasis. It is also involved in the regulation of fluid and electrolyte balance.
- Iron plays a key role in the formation of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood. Iron is needed by the body to carry out various critical functions that include growth and development.
- Phosphorous is required for building and repairing bones and teeth. It also helps to improve the function of the nerves.
- Zinc is essential for many bodily functions, including the immune system, wound healing, blood clotting, and thyroid function. It also supports the normal growth and development of a child during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence.
The combination of vitamins, amino acids, and minerals can help enhance and improve various bodily functions, including athletic performance, muscle building and repair, and wound healing, and promote general health and wellness.
What are the possible side effects of intravenous therapy?
Intravenous therapy helps to deliver vitamins, amino acids, and minerals directly into the bloodstream for quick and maximum use. The therapy is generally safe, particularly when provided by a skilled and experienced provider.