PRP Hair Restoration in Memorial Houston, Tx
PRP hair restoration is a treatment used to restore hair growth by using Platelet Rich Plasma derived from your blood in Houston, TX.
Many men and women are battling with sudden balding or thinning hair and are looking for ways to restore and grow their hair.
Platelet-rich plasma for hair regrowth is usually used when hair loss results from androgenic alopecia, a condition that causes hair follicles to shrink.
How Does Platelet-Rich Plasma Work?
Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors that trigger natural hair growth and also maintain hair growth by increasing the flow of blood to the hair follicles.
The treatment works by using platelet-rich plasma extracted from your blood. It contains growth factors and proteins that speed up tissue repair and regeneration. It is injected into your scalp to stimulate tissue repair, including the hair follicles.
Androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness in men) is hair loss resulting from damage to hair follicles. It restores hair growth by reversing the process that occurs in androgenic alopecia.
Who Might Get help with PRP Hair restoration?
PRP hair restoration is usually used for people with hair loss or thinning hair resulting from androgenic alopecia, a condition that causes hair follicles to shrink.
You may not be an ideal candidate for platelet-rich plasma treatment for hair restoration if you:
- Are currently on blood thinners
- Are you a heavy smoker
- Have a history of alcohol
- You have a history of drug abuse
You might also not be allowed to have the treatment if you’ve been diagnosed with:
- Acute or chronic infections
- Chronic liver disease or skin disease
- Thyroid disease
- Hemodynamic instability
- Metabolic disorder
- Low platelet count
- Platelet dysfunction syndromes
- Systemic disorder
How successful is PRP hair restoration in treating male pattern baldness?
It is a relatively new approach but there is some scientific evidence to suggest that it can promote hair growth in men with androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness. PRP improves hair growth and activates the growth of more hairs on the scalp. It helps to reduce and reverse the signs of male pattern baldness.
In a 2014 study of 11 participants with androgenic alopecia, 2 to 3 cubic centimeters of platelet-rich plasma was injected into the scalp of the participants every two weeks for three months. Results from the study showed that Platelet-Rich Plasma could increase the average number of hair follicles from 71 to 93 units.
A team of researchers carried out a systematic review of the research on Platelet-Rich plasma for hair loss in the year 2019. The review focused on 11 research papers that included a total of 262 participants with androgenic alopecia. Most of the studies found that PRP treatments reduced hair loss and increased the texture of hair. It can also increase the density of hair growth.
Another systematic review conducted in the year 2019 examined the findings of 19 studies investigating it as a treatment for hair loss. A total of 460 participants with androgenic alopecia were included. After the review was concluded, most studies reported that PRP treatments led to hair regrowth in people with androgenic alopecia.
What are the benefits of PRP hair restoration?
- It is used to treat androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness).
- Minimal or no side effects
- It is minimally invasive
- Minimal or no downtime
Preparation for PRP Hair Restoration Procedure
- Don’t use products such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids for 7-14 days before your treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications such as aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and other anti-inflammatory medications for 7-14 days before your treatment. You may use acetaminophen as needed.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun or heat 7-14 days before your treatment.
- Minimize or completely avoid intake of alcohol for at least three days before your treatment.
- Minimize or completely avoid smoking for at least three days before your treatment.
- Increase your intake of water the day before your treatment. Drink at least two glasses of water in the morning, at lunchtime, and at dinner, in addition to your normal intake of water throughout the day.
- Ensure to take a hot shower and properly wash your hair the evening before your appointment.
- Shower the morning of your treatment and thoroughly wash your hair using your normal shampoo.
- Do not apply any hair cream or products to your hair.
- Report all medications, including supplements, that you’re currently taking to your provider before having the treatment.
How PRP Hair Restoration is Performed?
The hair restoration procedure follows a few steps.
- First, your blood will be drawn from your arm and placed into a centrifuge.
- The centrifuge spins at high speed to separate the components of your blood.
- It will separate your blood into three different layers which are platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells.
- Next, the area of your scalp where the Platelet-rich plasma will be injected will be prepped.
- Finally, the platelet-rich plasma will be drawn up into a syringe and injected into areas of your scalp where you need hair growth.
Recovery from PRP Hair Restoration
- After receiving the treatment for hair restoration, you can expect to return to your regular activities without any side effects or complications.
- It is normal to experience minor bruising, redness, itching, swelling, or soreness in the areas of your scalp where the platelet-rich plasma was injected. You may experience these for some hours to a few days.
- You may notice a tingling sensation when it starts to work inside your scalp.
- Skin infection or reaction may occur in rare cases. Your provider may prescribe an antibiotic or anti-inflammatory medication.
- There are some aftercare instructions that you should adhere to.
- Apply ice or cold compresses to reduce swelling if required.
- Avoid blood thinners such as aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3-7 days after your treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning products such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids for at least one week after your treatment.
- Avoid vigorous or strenuous exercise for at least two days after your treatment.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat exposure for at least two days after your treatment.
- Don’t apply water to your hair or wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t apply any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Use shampoo that is pH-balanced for the first three days.
- Take a hot shower and wash your hair the evening of your treatment or after at least 3 hours.
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas, steam rooms, and tanning beds for two days after your treatment.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages for three days after your treatment.
- Avoid smoking for three days after your treatment.
- Avoid Minoxidil, hair coloring, and hair straightening for three days after your treatment.
- Continue increasing your water intake for the first week after your treatment.
Results from PRP Hair Restoration
You will start to see results when the Platelet-rich plasma injected into your scalp starts to work. Your hair will start to grow and appear thicker and healthier.
Results can last for up to a year or longer. You may need to receive multiple treatments over time to maintain your hair growth results.
What Are Some of the Possible Downsides of Using Platelet-Rich Plasma for Hair Restoration?
It is generally a safe treatment because the platelet-rich plasma used is derived from your blood.
Possible side effects or downsides of this treatment for hair resolution include:
- Adverse reactions from the anesthesia used during the treatment
- Scalp tenderness
- Swelling at the injection sites
- Temporary itching
- Temporary bleeding at the sites of injection
- Blood vessel injury on the scalp
- Nerve injury
- Infection at the injection site
- Development of scar tissue in areas where the injections were given
Cost of PRP Hair Restoration in Memorial Houston, TX
The cost of PRP for hair restoration varies depending on several factors, including your geographic location and the quality or expertise of the provider.
A single injection can cost about $400 or more. A complete Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment for hair restoration can cost anywhere from $1,500–$3,500.
Platelet-rich plasma for hair regrowth is considered a cosmetic treatment by many insurance plans. Hence, it is not covered by most insurance plans. Contact your insurance provider to know if PRP for hair restoration is covered for you.
Does Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment prevent hair loss?
Platelet-rich plasma for hair loss is a relatively new approach but there is some scientific evidence to suggest that the treatment can promote hair growth in men with androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness.
However, there are some limitations in the studies of platelet-rich plasma for hair loss, and further research is necessary to confirm the effectiveness of the treatment.
Is platelet-rich plasma therapy safe?
All platelet-rich plasma treatments are generally safe. This is because the plasma used for the treatment is harvested from the blood of the patient.
Can PRP regrow hair?
There is some evidence that plasma treatment can help regrow hair by triggering natural hair growth and maintaining hair growth by increasing the flow of blood to the hair follicles. It also helps stimulate tissue repair and regeneration, including hair follicles.
Can I see the results after 1 PRP?
Yes. You can see some results after having just one treatment. You may see that your hair is growing back, looking healthier and thicker. However, it is recommended to have 3-4 treatments to see the best results.
How many plasma hair restoration sessions are needed?
You may need 3-4 treatment sessions spaced out by 3-4 months for each treatment to achieve great results.
Is platelet-rich plasma better than a hair transplant?
A hair transplant involves harvesting hair from a part of your body, usually from the back or side of your head, to cover the front or top of your head where there’s no hair. It is a more invasive procedure compared to plasma treatment.
Platelet-rich plasma is a more natural approach that stimulates natural hair growth. The cost of a hair transplant far outweighs the cost of PRP. While PRP costs anywhere from $1,500–$3,500, h to $3,500, hair transplant costs 0 to $15,000.
Both treatments can offer significant improvements in hair growth. You may need to consider the Pros and Cons of each treatment to make a decision.
PRP For Hair Loss Houston
One of the most effective treatments for hair loss is the PRP for hair loss treatment. Whether you’re bald or you have thinning hair, getting PRP for hair loss treatment can help trigger the growth of thick and healthy hair.
Hair Loss Treatment Houston
There are a lot of hair loss treatment options in Houston, ranging from surgical to non-surgical options. A minimally invasive treatment option is the PRP hair loss treatment.
The procedure involves the injection of platelet-rich plasma derived from your own blood into your scalp to promote the growth of healthy hair.
Hair Loss Specialist in Memorial Houston, TX
You can get PRP for hair loss treatment from a reputable hair loss specialist. Most beauty clinics and medical spas offer PRP for hair loss treatment. It is crucial that you get your PRP hair loss treatment from a qualified and experienced provider.
A good hair loss specialist has the right qualifications and experience to help people dealing with hair loss. He or she assesses the condition of your hair and provides result-oriented treatment to ensure that you get the best results. The best PRP for hair loss specialists in Houston, TX, is Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness.
PRP Hair Treatment Near Me
You can get PRP hair treatment from any reputable beauty clinic or med spa near you. You can conduct a simple Google search to get a list of providers near you. If you’re located in Houston or within its environs, we recommend that you get your PRP hair treatment at Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness.
Our hair loss specialists can help you with any of your hair concerns. You will get satisfactory PRP hair loss treatment when you contact Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness or book an appointment.
The results of PRP hair loss treatment are healthy hair growth and an increase in the volume and thickness of your hair.
How exactly is the platelet-rich plasma extracted from the blood?
A sample of your blood will be collected through a vein using a syringe. The blood will be placed in a centrifuge and spun at high speed to separate the components of the blood.
The red blood cells will settle at the bottom of the centrifuge, while the platelet-rich plasma will be at the top. The PRP will be collected and placed into a syringe.
How is the injection of PRP into the scalp performed?
Local anesthesia is first applied to the scalp to minimize pain from the injection. Then, a syringe that contains the PRP will be used to inject the PRP into the scalp.
Are there any factors that can affect the effectiveness of PRP hair restoration?
There are certain factors that can affect the effectiveness of PRP hair loss treatment. These include platelet count, platelet dysfunction syndromes, and other health conditions.
Best Medspa to Get PRP Hair Restoration in Memorial Houston, TX
If you’re looking for the best Medspa to get PRP for hair restoration in Memorial Houston, Tx, we recommend that you contact us or book an appointment with us at Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness.
Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness is a leading provider of Platelet-Rich Plasma for hair loss in Houston, Texas. We can help improve your appearance and confidence by restoring hair growth on areas of your head without hair.
Contact us today to learn more about hair treatment.