IPL Treatment in Memorial Houston, TX
Intense pulsed light treatment is a cosmetic treatment used to reduce and improve the signs of aging, the appearance of scars, wrinkles, sun damage, rosacea, stretch marks, and skin pigmentation. It is also used to remove avoided hair from different body parts.
IPL procedure involves using a handheld device that produces various wavelengths of light energy placed against the skin, which delivers multiple wavelengths of light onto the skin.
IPL works by delivering multiple wavelengths of light energy to treat skin issues. It works on the principle of applying high-intensity light that produces various wavelengths. It uses light energy to target and remove dead or damaged skin cells.
When multiple wavelengths of light are applied to the skin, the light is absorbed by the oxyhemoglobin in the red blood cells, resulting in heat generation. The heat then heats the cells in the skin and breaks them down. The injured cells are eliminated naturally from the body.
Intense pulsed light treatment is used to treat various skin conditions by filtering multiple wavelengths of light to react with different skin conditions.
Benefits of Intense Pulsed Light Treatment
The benefits of IPL treatment are they can be used to treat:
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Aging skin
- Spider veins
- Sun-damaged skin
- Unwanted hair
1. IPL treatment provides deep rejuvenation with minimal downtime
IPL can access the deeper layers of the dermis, but the wavelengths of light won’t cause adverse effects such as excessive swelling, redness, or irritation to the skin. The wavelengths of light emitted from an IPL device are less concentrated than a laser beam. It provides a solid, rejuvenating effect with little downtime.
After undergoing an IPL treatment in medspa, most people can immediately apply makeup and return to work within 24 hours.
2. IPL treatment can be performed on multiple areas of the body
Apart from facial treatments, IPL can also be used to treat skin problems on the neck, upper chest, shoulders, hands, arms, and legs. IPL is a safe & effective treatment for skin problems in various parts of your body.
3. IPL can help eliminate visible veins and capillaries
IPL is an excellent treatment for visible veins and capillaries. People with spider veins and broken capillaries can find IPL very beneficial.
4. IPL is an effective treatment for chronic dry eyes
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) can cause chronic dry eyes. Chronic dry eyes occur when the Meibomian glands are not producing enough oil for the tears that keep the eye moist. IPL is an effective treatment for this condition.
IPL treatment for chronic dry eyes involves directing light flashes to the skin around the eyelids. The mitochondria of the Meibomian Glands absorb the light, which helps to switch on the Meibomian Glands, making it more active and producing more oil to produce tears to keep the eye moist.
How does Intense Pulsed Light Treatment Work
IPL involves using a handheld device that produces various wavelengths of light energy placed against the skin. The device delivers multiple wavelengths of light onto the skin.
IPL works by delivering multiple wavelengths of light energy to treat skin issues. It uses light energy to target and remove dead or damaged skin cells.
IPL works on the principle of applying a high-intensity light that produces various wavelengths.
When multiple wavelengths of light are applied to the skin, the light is absorbed by the oxyhemoglobin in the red blood cells, resulting in heat generation. The heat then heats the cells in the skin and breaks them down.
How to prepare for Intense Pulsed Light treatment
Before undergoing an IPL treatment in medspa, you first need to have an initial consultation with a dermatologist or skin care specialist. Your dermatologist or skin care specialist will examine your skin and let you know if the treatment is proper for you and what to expect from your treatment.
You will need to avoid certain things before undergoing an IPL treatment. Something that you should avoid include:
- Avoid sun exposure, including sunbathing and tanning beds for at least four weeks before your IPL treatment.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines for at least a week before your IPL treatment.
- Avoid waxing before your treatment.
- Avoid using vitamin A acid, including retinoic acid, glycolic acid, Retin-A, or skin products that contain these acids for at least 60 days before your IPL treatment.
- Avoid the use of collagen medications.
- Avoid using Accutane for at least six months before your IPL treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels for two weeks before your IPL treatment.
What to Expect During the Procedure
During the procedure, the treatment area will first be thoroughly cleaned. A cool gel will be rubbed over the area. You will need to model dark glasses to protect your eyes.
A handheld device that delivers multiple wavelengths of light will be placed against your skin to provide light pulses of heat into your skin. Multiple wavelengths of light will be shown in the treatment area. The wavelengths of light react with specific skin conditions.
You may feel a stinging or pinching feeling when the device is placed against your skin as a result of the light pulses.
What to Expect After the Procedure
After an IPL procedure, you can go back home. You should be able to continue with your normal daily activities after your treatment.
The skin around the treated area will be reddish and sensitive for a few hours. You may experience skin sensitivity and slightly swollen skin for a couple of days.
You may must undergo 3-6 treatment sessions spaced about four weeks apart to achieve your desired results. It can take up to a lot of weeks to see the final results.
Risks and Side Effects of Intense Pulsed Light
Intense pulsed light treatment is generally a safe treatment. However, it carries some risk of side effects or complications. These include:
- Skin discoloration
- Skin redness
Who Shouldn’t Get Intense Pulsed Light Treatment?
While IPL is safe for most people, it is not suitable for everyone.
Individuals that shouldn’t have IPL treatment include;
- Pregnant women.
- Individuals who are on blood thinners.
- Individuals currently taking or who have newly taken the acne drug called Accutane.
- Individuals with active acne.
- Individuals with a skin resurfacing disorder.
- Individuals that are susceptible to keloid scarring.
- Individuals with severe scarring.
- Individuals who are currently suffering or have recently suffered from severe sunburn.
Cost of IPL Treatment in Memorial Houston, TX
The cost of Intense pulsed light treatment varies depending on the skin concerns that you want to treat and the medspa provider. The cost generally ranges from $700 to %1,200.
IPL treatment is a cosmetic treatment. Most insurance providers don’t cover the cost of IPL treatment. You will pay for the cost of the treatment by yourself.
How long does IPL treatment last?
IPL treatment can take about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the part of your body being treated and the size of the treatment area.
How many sessions of intense pulsed light treatment will I need?
You may undergo 3-6 treatment sessions spaced about four weeks apart to achieve your desired results. This is the general recommendation from skin care specialists.
How long will it take to recover from an intense pulsed light treatment in Houston, TX?
IPL treatment is a safe and non-invasive treatment. It takes as little as 2-3 days to fully recover after an IPL treatment. Most people can resume work within 24 hours after undergoing IPL treatment.
Are the results of the intense pulsed light treatment permanent?
Results from IPL treatments are long-lasting but not permanent. However, if the skin is always protected, results can be permanent.
What Recovery from IPL Treatment Looks Like
After undergoing an IPL treatment, recovery is fast. You can fully recover within 2-3 days. You can resume your normal daily activities immediately after your treatment.
You may experience skin sensitivity and slightly swollen skin for a couple of days. To aid fast and safe recovery, there are certain things you should avoid and also do. These include:
- Avoid the use of hot water on the treated area until it heals.
- Avoid wearing makeup and applying creams on the treated area for 24 hours following your treatment.
- Avoid scratching or picking the area that was treated.
- Moisturize the treated area at least two times daily for a minimum of 3 months after the swelling must have subsided.
- Wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 daily for at least 30 days to protect from sun damage.
Yes. IPL is a safe & effective treatment for facial skin problems such as acne, wrinkles, age spots, scars, etc. IPL treatment fights against premature aging from sun damage and wrinkles by eliminating damaged skin cells, pigmentation, and creases from your face. It makes your face look younger and smoother.
Is it worth getting IPL treatment in Memorial Houston, TX?
Intense Pulsed light treatments are worth it. IPL treatments can remove your skin’s dark spots, wrinkles, sun damage, freckles, and scars. About 90% of patients with IPL agreed that the treatment was worth it.
Do and Don’ts After IPL Treatment
After Intense pulsed light treatment, the things that you should do include:
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Clean your skin twice daily using warm water.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer to keep your skin moist at all times.
- Have a microdermabrasion facial on the treated area to help protect and hydrate your skin while the dead skin cells are naturally removed. This should be done 2 or 3 weeks after your IPL treatment.
The things you shouldn’t do include:
- Avoid using hot water, including a hot shower, hot bath, or hot tub, for at least 48 hours after your IPL treatment.
- Don’t wear makeup or apply creams on the treated area for 24 hours following your treatment.
- Don’t scratch or pick the treated area.
- Don’t exercise or involve yourself in strenuous physical activity for at least 48 hours following your IPL treatment.
- Don’t use skin products that have harsh chemicals or acids, such as alpha-hydroxy acids, Accutane, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and retinoic acid.
How painful is IPL?
Intense pulsed light treatment is a painless treatment. You may only feel a stinging or pinching sensation when the device is placed against your skin as a result of the light pulses.
Does skin peel after IPL?
IPL doesn’t cause any damage to the skin. The heat emitted from the device may turn your skin red, but it doesn’t damage your skin.
Within a week of the treatment, you may experience crusting, peeling, and scabbing as the treated area starts to heal.
Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness: Best Medspa to Get IPL Treatment in Houston, TX
While IPL is an effective treatment for various skin conditions, getting the best results largely depends on your provider.
At Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness, we provide revolutionary IPL treatment for individuals with various treatments and services for your skin conditions, such as wrinkles, age spots, stretch marks, Rosacea, Melasma, and more. We are the best medspa to get IPL treatment in Houston, Tx.
Our Medspa has the best team of skin care specialists and professionals who work together to provide the best treatments for our clients. Visit us today or book an appointment to get started with your IPL treatment.