Botox Injection in Houston, TX
Botox injection treatment removes wrinkles and frown lines from the face and forehead.
This injection is produced from a minimal dose of botulinum toxin, a neurotoxin. It is created by blocking nerve impulses to the surrounding tissues.
When botulinum toxin is injected into the muscle, it reduces muscle activity that causes wrinkles and frown lines by blocking the signalling process of the nerve system that stimulates muscle contraction. This stops the muscles from contracting, resulting in the disappearance of wrinkles and frown lines.
Botox Injection Uses
Botox preparation is generally used for the treatment of wrinkles and frown lines. Still, it can treat eyelid spasms, excessive sweating, crossed eyes, migraines, and neurological movement disorder.
How is Botox injection treatment given in Houston, TX?
This injection is given intramuscularly. This solution is injected into a muscle using a syringe with a needle.
During the procedure, your provider will first clean the site where the injection will be given. The area may also be numbed with topical anaesthesia to prevent pain and to make you feel comfortable.
A syringe with thin syringe will be used to draw the botulinum toxin solution and then injected into the treatment site.
The number of injections you will receive depends on the severity of your wrinkles and the size of the treatment area.
Botox Injection Precautions
This injection is generally recommended for individuals with moderate to severe wrinkles and lines.
You should have overall good health and be at least 18 years of age before you can have treatment.
You may not be a suitable patient for this treatment if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are sensitive to botulinum toxin
- You’re allergic to milk
- You’re below 18 or above 65
- Do you have skin disease or disorders
Before having an injection, you should;
- Stop taking blood thinning medications
- Stop taking muscle relaxers
- Stop taking medications that might interact with injection.
- Inform your doctor or Medspa provider about any medications or supplements you have taken recently.
Botox Injection Interactions
Some drugs may interact with botulinum toxin. These drugs include:
- Certain antibiotics (such as gentamicin and polymyxin).
- Anticoagulants (such as warfarin)
- Alzheimer’s disease drugs (such as galantamine, rivastigmine, and tacrine)
- Myasthenia gravis drugs (such as ambenonium and pyridostigmine)
Botox Dosage in Houston, TX
The maximum accumulative dose should not exceed 400 units in 3 months.
- For Glabellar lines: 4 units (0.1 mL) should be injected into each of the five sites. Two teams in each corrugator muscle and 1 division in the procerus muscle for a total dose of 20 units.
- For Lateral canthal lines: 4 units (0.1 mL) should be injected into three sites per side in the sideways orbicularis oculi muscle for a total of 24 units.
- For Forehead lines: 4 units (0.1 mL) should be injected into each of 5 forehead line sites for a total of 20 units.
What should I know about Botox aftercare?
After you’ve had an injection, it’s essential to follow the proper aftercare instructions in order to ensure the best possible results. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Avoid engaging in any form of exercise or strenuous activity immediately after your treatment. You can resume exercise 24 hours after.
- Avoid using makeup immediately after your treatment. Makeup can interact with botulinum toxin and lead to an infection, causing symptoms such as redness, swelling, and discomfort. Before applying makeup, wait for at least 24 hours after your injection.
- Avoid lying down immediately after your injection. You can lie down on your back after 4 hours. Lying down could spread the botulinum toxin to other areas, leading to complications.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your face for 1-3 days following your injection. Touching or rubbing your face can spread the toxins to other areas, resulting in complications.
- Avoid professional massages for a few days until the botulinum toxin is settled to prevent the toxin’s spread to other areas.
- Avoid exposing yourself to direct sunlight and heat, including saunas, hot tubs, hot showers, and tanning beds for 1-2 days after injection. Sun and heat can increase your blood pressure and risk bruising.
- Avoid placing the treatment site directly against the bed or pillow immediately after your injection. Wait for at least 24 hours to allow the botulinum toxin to settle before placing the treatment site against the pillow or bed. It is best to sleep on your back with your face straight up.
- Always use a gentle facial cleanser to clean your face whenever you want to wash your face. An aggressive facial cleanser can cause bruising and infection.
- Don’t apply moisturizer immediately after your injection. Wait for 3-4 days before you can use a moisturizer. Apply gentle moisturizer, and be gentle when applying a moisturizer.
Botox Injection Contraindications
Its contraindicated in individuals with:
- Medical conditions cause muscle weakness, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and myasthenia gravis.
- Infection at the injection site.
- Allergic or hypersensitive reactions to botulinum toxin.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t have botulinum toxin injections. Certain medications, such as tetracycline and aminoglycoside antibiotics, that can enhance the effects of botulinum toxin should be avoided.
Evade medications that can increase the risk of bruising and bleeding, such as blood thinners like aspirin, warfarin, and dabigatran. Anti-inflammatory medications should be avoided.
Cost of Botox Injection in Houston, TX
The cost of Botox varies depending on the medspa provider and the number of areas to be treated. An injection costs $25- $1,200, depending on the specific skin treatment you want and the number of injections.
Can Botox help reduce pain?
It can help relieve pain by relaxing the muscles. Though it is commonly used for cosmetic treatments, it can also be used in pain management.
What’s the difference between Botox & dermal fillers?
Botox and dermal fillers function in different ways. It contains botulinum toxin that blocks nerve impulses and reduces muscle activity to eliminate wrinkles and frown lines.
Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid & other substances. Dermal fillers work by filling in volume loss to add volume and fullness. Some dermal fillers cultivate the production of collagen, which helps to firm and smoothen the skin.
Is it safe to get Botox and COVID-19 vaccine?
There are no restrictions between botulinum toxin and the COVID-19 vaccines. However, timing matters if you want to have an injection after having the COVID-19 vaccine.
Doctors recommend waiting at least two weeks after having the COVID-19 vaccine before a botulinum toxin injection.
What happens if I overdose on Botox?
Botulinum toxin in its normal state is exceptionally toxic. This is produced from a minimal dose of botulinum toxin, and overdosing can increase the botulinum toxin content in your body.
This could lead to complications, including difficulty breathing, difficulty moving parts of your body, and muscle weakness.
What happens if I miss a dose of Botox?
Missing a dose of botulinum toxin may not have any significant effect.
Who needs a Botox injection in Houston, TX?
This is commonly used to treat wrinkles and frown lines. You will need a botulinum toxin injection if you have wrinkles and frown lines on your face.
It can also be utilized to treat other conditions, such as:
- Overactive bladder
- Eye problems such as eyelid spasms and crossed eyes
- Excessive sweating
- Neurological movement disorder
Can I put lotion on my face after Botox?
You can apply lotion on your face but not immediately after your botulinum toxin injection. Wait for 3-4 days before you can apply lotion.
Clariti Medspa: Best Medspa to Get Botox Injection in Houston, TX
Clariti Medspa is a reputable medspa to get botox injections in Houston, TX, that offers aesthetic and quality cosmetic treatments. Clariti Medspa is a modern, innovative facility where varieties of aesthetics and cosmetic treatments and services are provided.
At Clariti Medspa, we utilize proper medical-grade products and evidence-based skin health treatments to provide the best for our esteemed clients.
We provide treatments using the newest and most innovative techniques. Our Medspa facility is qualified with the latest technology, and we use advanced technological devices to offer injectable treatments. We offer customized and deeply involved injectable treatments that meet each need and skin concern. We are satisfied ourselves as the best Medspa for Botox injection in Houston, TX.
Please book a schedule with us today or contact us to get started with your treatment.