Body Sculpting in Memorial Houston, TX
Body sculpting, also known as body contouring, is a cosmetic procedure that aims to sculpt or reshape specific areas of the body.
It involves eliminating excess fat in certain areas of your body to enhance the shape and appearance of those areas.
It enhances the shape of specific areas of your body by reducing or removing stubborn pockets of fat from those areas.
It can be done on different areas of your body, such as your belly, flanks, buttocks, arms, back, thighs, neck, and chin.
How do body-sculpting treatments work?
Body sculpting works by reducing or eliminating stubborn pockets of fat from specific areas of your body. Fat cells are destroyed and broken down using cryolipolysis, laser lipolysis, radiofrequency lipolysis, or injection lipolysis, which is then flushed out from your body through your body’s lymphatic system within a few months.
Cryolipolysis involves the use of extremely cold or freezing temperatures to destroy fat cells in specific areas of your body.
Cryolipolysis works based on the finding that fat cells have a low tolerance for extreme cold and freezing temperatures. Fat cells die off when exposed to extreme cold and freezing temperatures.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved cryolipolysis to eliminate fat deposits in various parts of the body, such as beneath the chin, upper arms, inner and outer thighs, abdomen, hip, flank, upper back, lower back, and underneath the buttocks.
- During cryolipolysis, the size and shape of the fatty deposit will be assessed by your doctor or Medspa provider. The area to be treated will be outlined with a skin-marking pencil.
- You will be awake throughout the procedure, as the procedure doesn’t require you to be asleep.
- First, a gel pad is applied to the area to the treated to protect the skin.
- Next, the fatty bulged skin is suctioned into a handheld device called an applicator. The applicator has a hollow opening. The applicator is used to freeze the fat cells.
- As the fatty bulge is being auctioned into the applicator, you will feel a tugging or pulling sensation. These sensations reduce as the area becomes numb during the cooling down process.
- The fatty bulge is exposed to extremely low temperatures of between 30.2 and 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. This kills the fat cells.
- After the treatment is completed, the applicator will be removed. The treated area may be massaged to assist with the breakdown of the fat cells.
2. Laser Lipolysis
Laser lipolysis involves the use of laser energy to heat and destroy fat cells in specific areas of your body.
- During laser lipolysis, you will be prepped in your doctor’s office or medspa provider and given sterile scrubs or a gown to wear.
- A local anesthetic will be injected into the treatment area to prevent you from feeling pain.
- A very small incision will be made at the treatment area.
- A laser heat will be directed underneath the top layer of your skin through the incision. The laser heat will be moved back and forth under your skin from different angles.
- You may feel some heat sensation during this period.
- The fat deposits will be damaged and broken down by the laser heat. The broken-down fat is either massaged out of the area or vacuumed out.
- After the procedure is completed, you’ll be asked to get up and walk around.
3. Radiofrequency Lipolysis
Radiofrequency lipolysis involves the use of controlled radiofrequency heat to target and kill fat cells in specific areas of your body.
During radiofrequency lipolysis, a device that emits radiofrequency heat is directed toward the treatment area without touching your skin. The device is placed about one centimeter from your skin.
The radiofrequency heat from the device kills fat cells in the area without destroying other types of cells or structures in the skin. The dead fat cells are eventually flushed out from your body.
4. Injection Lipolysis
Injection lipolysis involves injecting a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid into the treatment area to kill fat cells in the area. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring acid that absorbs fat.
Injection lipolysis uses the synthetic form of deoxycholic acid to kill fat cells. The dead fat cells are then metabolized and flushed out from your body.
Aftercare for Body Sculpting Treatment
1. Gentle Massage Is Key
After having a sculpting treatment, massaging the area helps assist with the breakdown of fats. Massaging the area also provides soothing relief from pain. It makes the treatment area heal quickly.
2. Always Hydrate
It is advised to drink sufficient water to always stay hydrated after having a body sculpting treatment. Water is very good for the proper functioning of the body and helps fats flush out from your body very quickly.
3. Eat healthy
Eating healthy is very important after having a body sculpt treatment. It is crucial that you eat healthy, low-fat and low-calorie diets so that you don’t regain weight in the treated areas. How long your results will last largely depends on the type of foods you eat.
If you eat healthy low-fat and low-calorie diets, you will most likely not regain weight in the treatment areas. This will help maintain your results for a long period of time and even permanently.
4. Wear Loose-Fitting Clothes
You are advised to wear loose-fitting clothes after having a body sculpt treatment to allow the treatment area to heal quickly and to make you more comfortable.
5. Opt for a Compression Garment
A compression garment can help improve circulation in the treated areas.
6. Take Anti-Swelling Supplements
Anti-swelling or anti-inflammatory supplements help reduce or prevent swelling after having a sculpting treatment. Anti-inflammatory supplements can also help reduce pain.
Do body-sculpting treatments hurt?
Depending on the particular treatment option that was used, you may experience minimal pain or discomfort during a body sculpting treatment. During cryolipolysis, you may feel a pulling, tugging, or very cold sensation that lasts for a few minutes.
For some sculpting treatments like laser lipolysis, a local anesthetic or medspa expert may be administered to prevent you from feeling pain.
In general, Sculpting treatments don’t cause severe pain. You may also feel minimal pain or discomfort.
Does body sculpting really work?
Yes. Body sculpting is an effective treatment to reduce or remove stubborn pockets of fats from specific parts of the body. It is not a weight loss treatment.
It is a treatment used to remove stubborn pockets of fats from specific areas of the body to reshape or enhance the shape of those areas. It eliminates localized fat cells.
Are there any risks?
Sculpting is a relatively safe treatment. The risks that may occur vary depending on the specific treatment option that was used.
In general, risks or complications that may occur at the treatment area include:
- Pain or soreness
- Hives or rashes
- Skin discoloration
- Cramping, aching, stinging or tingling sensation
- Skin sensitivity
How long does it take to heal from body sculpting?
For most body sculpting procedures, you can expect to resume your normal daily activities almost immediately after treatment. This is because they’re non-invasive, and there is no downtime.
For laser lipolysis, it can take 2-3 weeks to heal due to the small incision created.
How do you feel after body sculpting?
Depending on the specific type of body sculpting procedure that you had, you may feel various sensations for a little while. You may feel tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, or itching at the treatment site.
You may also feel increased skin firmness or skin sensitivity. All these sensations usually last for a few minutes.
What is the difference between body sculpting and body contouring?
Body sculpting is also known as body contouring. They are different terms used to describe a non-surgical body sculpting procedure that is used to improve the shape and appearance of specific areas of the body by removing stubborn pockets of fats from those areas.
Is the body-sculpting treatment right for me?
Body sculpting is not a weight loss treatment or procedure. It can eliminate fat cells and reduce the appearance of fat in targeted areas of the body to reshape or enhance the shape of those areas.
If you have an ideal body weight, but there are some specific areas around your body that you want to enhance, sculpting can be right for you.
Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness: Best Medspa to get Body Sculpting Treatment in Memorial Houston, TX
Clariti Aesthetics & Wellness is the right medspa to get body sculpting in Memorial Houston, TX. We are a leading medical spa that provides a variety of cosmetic and aesthetic treatments, including body sculpting.
We help improve your physical appearance by removing stubborn pockets of fats from specific areas of your body using sculpting treatments and services.
We have a team of dedicated and experienced skincare experts who work together to ensure that you achieve your desired results. Book an appointment with Clariti MedSpa or contact us to learn more about body sculpting.